The Engine 212 firehouse was one of several decommissioned in May 2003 after a bitter community fight. The three-story, 6,000 square-foot building will now be given back to the community to become the Northside Town Hall Community and Cultural Center. After a competitive proposal process, Neighbors Allied for Good Growth and The People’s Firehouse, Inc. were awarded the rights to adaptively reuse the former firehouse located at 134 Wythe Avenue in Northside Williamsburg as a community center. The newly redesigned building will house office and meeting space for the groups and other community organizations, as well as exhibition and performance space for local arts organizations. The two organizations are now engaged in a $1.3 million capital campaign to fund the redevelopment of the former firehouse site.
Please Support NAG
Your donation can help NAG do the great work that it does.
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Who Will Take the (Cup)Cake?
- Domino — Thoughts from the NAG Board & Staff…
- Pedestrian Plazas Coming to Broadway
- Williamsburg Construction Boom Ruining Babies’ Naps and Walks, Moms Say
- Save the Date: “North Brooklyn Takes the Cake” Cupcake Bakeoff
- Williamsburg Walks is Coming Back to Bedford in June!!
- Last Weekend to VOTE in Participatory Budget
- NAG Action: Plugging into the Community Board
- NAG Action: Domino Community Forum
- NAG Action: CB Speak UP!!